Step 3: Select An Architect :
- An architect is a professional who designs space efficiently. It is necessary for you to engage the services of a good architect. You would be able to identify one by discussing with your friends and relatives who have used the services of an architect. Select an Architect after looking at some of the projects he has executed. Make sure his style of architecture is in sync with your taste and style of what you want your house to be..
- Preferably select an architect who is registered with a professional body of Architects such as ‘Institute of Indian Architects’ or a local body of Architects
- The Architect’s scope shall normally include the following:
- Architectural design of proposed the house. Specify the number of alternate designs he would come up with for you to take a decision
- Structural design
- Plumbing and Electrical services
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for all the design services
- Preparation of a tender document with terms and conditions (I will address this in detail later)
- Periodic construction supervision
- Checking and certification of contractors’ bills
- Enter into a formal contract agreement with an Architect specifying the terms of appointment. The contract agreement shall specify the role and responsibilities of the Architect and his associates, terms of payment of their professional fee etc..
Continued Next Post…
Copyrights© Arkalgud Narasimha Prakash,all rights reserved