RWA Handover

We Ensure Smooth Takeover from the Builder to RWA (Residents' Welfare Association)

building process

We not only help RWA of projects which are completed in all respects and are due for taking over by the association, but also projects in progress where we conduct inspection for sections which are currently ready and inspect the rest after total completion.

Proper take-over of all common areas and amenities by the association from the builder is critical to ensure hassle free operations thereafter. More importantly doing so in such a manner that there are no hurdles or issues in the future while running the association. Audit by Nemmadi makes sure nothing is missed during takeover, by covering all areas mentioned below…

Nemmadi assists the association/RWA by conducting an audit which includes:

  • Inspection and Snagging of common areas (civil & building services).
  • Reporting on condition and quality of common areas.
  • The checklist of documents that a RWA must collects from a builder could be divided into these groups.
    • Property
    • Operations
    • Finance
    • Legal
  • Guidance on the desirable statutory documents to be handed over to the association.

Areas covered in our audit (but not limited to)

  • Basements
  • Lifts/Elevators
  • Escalators
  • Electrical rooms
  • Electrical Transformers
  • DG sets
  • Water treatment plant
  • Sewage treatment plant
  • Sumps & Pumping plant
  • Rain water harvesting system
  • Firefighting systems
  • Lobbies
  • Corridors
  • Parking
  • Podium
  • Overhead water tanks
  • Helipad
  • Roads and pathways
  • Staircases
  • Basement ventilation and exhaust systems
  • Dampness & damages in all common areas
  • Painting work
  • Shafts and ducts which are open for inspection
  • etc...

RWA Documentation Handover:

Once the RWA is formed and the handover process begins it is essential that RWA receives all the documentation from the builder for the building. This is probably the most important aspect as once the builder has completed the handover to the RWA, any future compliances of the building will fall under the aegis of RWA.

Some obvious and critical documents are:

  • Occupancy Certificate: Completion and occupancy certificates is proof that the building is completed as per the approved plan and government compliances. If the builder is unable to provide you with these certificates, then either the building laws have been violated or there are deviations from the original construction plans. Either way, it’s illegal to occupy a building/apartment that does not have an occupancy certificate
  • NOC Certificate: A No Objection Certificate (NOC) is issued where there is no objection to the covenants of the certificate. A builder has to compulsory submit an NOC from the fire safety, water, and pollution departments to the RWA (Residents Welfare Association)